Lawn Mower Blade FAQ's
How to properly measure your blade for a new replacement.
- Measure blade length diagonally, cutting tip to cutting tip
- Measure the diameter of the center hole
- Measure the center to center distance of outside holes
- Measure width at the widest part of the blade
Medium Cutting Blades
Typically called a straight edge, standard discharge blade. Blades have slight upward angle on the edges. Great blades for use when horsepower is a concern. Produce medium lift but requires less horsepower than high lift blades.
Under 3/4" of lift. These blade require less power, produce less noise and less dust. Best for sandy or dusty terrain where high lift and lots of suction are not required or wanted.
1". to 1-3/16" of lift. Best for bagging clippings. Blades have more greater angle on the corners create more lift. Excellent for lifting grass to create that fresh-cut look. Requires more horsepower, especially when cutting tall or dense grass. Not recommended for sandy or dusty soil conditions as sand and dusty will cause premature wear and tear on your blades and equipment.
Mulching blades can also be referred to as 3-in1 meaning mulching, discharging, and bagging. Mulching blades seem to make grass clippings disappear. Where discharging blades are trying to get rid of the clippings, mulching blades are recirculating the clippings, allowing them to be cut several times. The smaller clippings aren't as noticeable and will decompose much quicker. Take advantage of Sunbelts Predator blade. Its ultra durable steel composition and teeth orientation make it one of the best mulching blades on the market.
- Keep mower blades sharp and the deck thoroughly clean.
- Try not to cut more than 1/3 of the grass blade off in any single mowing.
- Make sure that your deck is leveled according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Run the throttle wide open only when mowing. This will ensure that optimal blade tip speed is obtained for best cut quality.
- Slow down. Try to match your ground speed to grass conditions. In most cases, slower ground speeds will give a better cut.
- For best appearance, change your mowing pattern each time you mow. If you must mow in the same direction, change the starting point of your first pass each time you mow.
- If you have a riding mower, be sure to adjust your deck wheels so that they are just off the ground when the mower is parked on a hard surface. This adjustment allows the mower deck to follow the contour of the ground while preventing scalping where the ground is rough or uneven.
Shop Aftermarket XHT and Predator Lawn Mower Blades on the AllPartsStore
XHT and Predator lawn mower blades from Sunbelt Outdoor Products are not your average aftermarket blade. Extreme Hardness & Toughness) difference. XHT blades starts with the steel. All XHT mower blades are made from extra durable steel. XHT lawn mower blade provide the best hardness, strength, and durability of any mower blade on the market today.
XHT blades are heat treated by a patented process which takes the austempering methods a step further. The XHT manufacturing process produces the best lawn mower blade in the industry. XHT & Predator blades are stronger, harder, and last longer. XHT blades can be found in a variety of types.